Beauty is one of the top trades in the UAE, with many people looking to improve their looks and feel good about themselves. With so many people wanting to make themselves look more beautiful, there’s an opportunity here to start a beauty salon in Dubai.
Starting a Business in Dubai is no simple feat, but with the right guidance and preparation, it’s possible to succeed. Even though the UAE has been a free zone for foreign investors since its establishment, there are still many hoops to jump through and costs to consider before opening a shop.
The Process to Start a Beauty Salon in Dubai
After you have decided to start a beauty salon in Dubai, it is important that you follow the right process. If you do not follow the correct procedure, then there are chances that your business might not be successful.
Opening a beauty salon in Dubai is actually quite simple and straightforward.
- The first step would be to check if you are eligible to open a beauty salon in Dubai or not. You should have a good track record and experience in the beauty industry. You should also have good knowledge about the products that you are going to sell in your salon.
- The second thing that you need to do is to choose a location for your beauty salon. You should find a place that is easily accessible to people and has good parking facilities. Also, it should be close to residential areas and other commercial centers, so that more people can visit your salon and avail your services.
- After choosing a location, it is important that you register your business with the relevant authorities. You need to get all the necessary licenses and permits from them before starting your business.
- Once this is done, you can begin working on your salon’s interior design, furniture and equipment purchases etc.
You need to ensure that all these things are done before opening up for customers. If not, then there are chances that they will not come back again after experiencing bad service during their first visit at your salon!
What is the Cost of Starting a Salon Business in Dubai?
The cost of starting a salon business in Dubai depends largely on the type of salon you plan to open.
The cost of setting up an independent salon in Dubai can vary depending on its size, location, equipment and staff requirements. For instance, if you want to open a small salon that requires no more than four staff members, then the total cost will be around AED 45,000. However, if you plan to open a larger salon that requires eight staff members including a manager, then the cost will be around AED 80,000.
Types of Beauty Salon Licenses in Dubai and How to Obtain them?
Beauty salons are one of the most important components of the beauty industry. They offer a wide range of services, including hair styling, nail care, and skin care treatments. These services help people enhance their looks by improving their appearance and self-confidence.
A beauty salon license is a legal requirement for all beauty salons in Dubai and other Emirates. The type of license you need depends on the type of services you offer.
To obtain a beauty salon license, you must first register your business with Dubai Chamber of Commerce & Industry (DCCI) or Dubai Economic Department (ED). Once your company is registered, you can apply for the required license.
There are three types of beauty salon licenses:
- General Beauty Salon License – This license allows you to carry out all types of beauty treatments and procedures at your salon. The general license is valid for one year and costs AED 1,000.
- Specialist Beauty Salon License – This license allows you to offer specific treatments or procedures at your salons such as massage therapy, waxing, cosmetic surgery or electrolysis. The specialist license is valid for one year and after it, you have to renew it.
- Cosmetic Surgery Centre License – This license allows you to operate a cosmetic surgery clinic at your premises where surgeons can perform surgical procedures such as face lifts, liposuction and breast augmentation surgeries. You must have an operating theatre in place at your facility before applying for this license.
Why to Start Beauty Salon in Dubai?
As a Dubai resident, you’re lucky to live in one of the places in the world with the most beautiful climate. You’re also one of the luckiest people if you want to start a business related to beauty and wellness.
Some of the main reasons to start a beauty salon in Dubai are the large population in Dubai and the high purchasing power. According to Global Media Insight, around 3.48 million people live in Dubai as per 2022 census, which is an increase of 10.08% from the previous year. The purchasing power has also, so there is high demand for beauty services. The city is home to several international companies, so many expats call it their home as well. There are also several local companies that have headquarters here due to the tax benefits and reputation of the city.
Another reason why starting a beauty salon business is that there are not many good spas or salons in Dubai, so there is little competition around.
Read More: How to Start a Transport Business in Dubai
Benefits of Starting a Salon in Dubai
It is one of the most important and profitable industries in Dubai. There are many benefits of starting a salon business in Dubai. Some of them are:
- You can earn good money by starting your own salon business.
- Salons are very popular in the Middle East and they have been growing rapidly over the past few years.
- There is no need to invest much money before starting your own salon, as most of the things that you will need can be found in any store near your home.
- If you have some knowledge about hair styling and beauty care, then you can start your own business and earn good money by providing these services to people who need them.
It is possible that you are thinking of starting a business in Dubai, or if you’re running an established company seeking to expand. In any case, you will be dealing with customers knowing what they want and where they want it in a price range within the budget of your products and services.
You will have to spend only a few thousand dirhams to open the beauty salons in Dubai. You may plan to start of with nail polish, eyelashes, fancy haircut, etc., and later on expand your business. Remember to keep a record of all the expenses which you will be incurring while setting up your salon.