Dubai is one of the world’s most vibrant and exciting cities. It is also a major hub for international business, with many companies setting up shops in the UAE to take advantage of the business-friendly environment. As such, it is important for these companies to make sure that their custom registration and renewal processes are efficient and up to date. This blog post tells you everything you need to know about Dubai Custom Registration and Renewal.
What are Dubai customs?
Dubai Customs is a government department responsible for regulating trade and customs activities in Dubai. One of Dubai Customs’ primary responsibilities is promoting Dubai’s international image and sustainable development. It is responsible for registering and renewing trade licenses and collecting customs duties and other taxes. Dubai Customs also provides information and assistance to traders and travellers and works to protect the country’s economy and resources.
The Role of Dubai Customs
Dubai Customs was established in 1960 and ensures that trading services in businesses throughout the city run efficiently. There has been a customs service in Dubai for a very long time. It monitors the borders for any trade activity to enhance Dubai’s economy and society. The United Arab Emirates’ top-notch customs procedures are attested to in the IMD international competitiveness centre rankings, which state that the UAE has been topping the charts recently. They ensure that the company trades no prohibited items. There are very strict rules regarding the illegal trading of items in the UAE, and fines can be significant.
The advantages of Dubai’s custom
- Monitors borders continuously, collaborates with other government agencies to ensure restricted commodities are not included, and defends customs regulations.
- Reducing the likelihood of revenue loss through inefficiency in work or time management
- To handle Dubai’s trade movement, a person may need to modify his or her company’s HR structure and hire additional contingent workers.
- Assesses risks and help.
- Response to clients’ needs, is receptive to their thoughts and promotes information sharing.
- Received dates based on the recording and classification of the commodities, which are later used to make strategic plans.
- To reach the intended customer, they exchange intelligence data strategically.
- Low interdiction rates allow more focus on risky consignments.
- Physical handling of goods can be minimized by using technical acumen.
Licenses issued by Dubai Customs
Dubai customs issue following permits.
- Industrial License
- Professional License
- Commercial License
- Free Zone License
- Governmental Notification
Securing Dubai’s Customs Code
Dubai’s customs code can be secured by applying online through the Dubai Trade Portal. You will need the following papers:
- Chamber of Commerce certificate,
- Passport’s copy of the approved individual
- Current trade license copy
- A letter of undertaking.
When the application is examined, a code is generated, and the Dubai customs authority collects the fees.
Entities allowed by Dubai Customs
Following are the entities allowed by Dubai customs.
- Private Individual
- Airline Agent
- Importer (commercial/ industrial/professional)
- Exporter (commercial/ professional)
- CH (Cargo Holder)
- Gate Control Authority
- Overseas Company
- Shipping Line Agent
- Free Zone
Dubai Customs restricted goods
Following are the goods that are restricted by Dubai customs.
1. Animals and pets
Pets and domestic animals must be examined by Dubai authorities and receive pre-approval.
2. Food Products
Non-commercial imports of foodstuffs are strictly regulated.
Electronic or physical works of art that are in opposition to Islamic principles are prohibited. If such items are discovered, they may be fined, imprisoned, or expelled.
4. Medicines and drugs
Travellers should be vigilant about what they bring into the country, including medicines and drugs, and a prescription may be required.
5. Tobacco and alcohol:
An individual must be at least 18 and consume no more than four litres of alcohol. Tobacco products cannot exceed 400 in total. It shouldn’t cost more than 2000 AED, while travellers’ cigars shouldn’t cost more than 3000 AED.
6. Technical equipment
GPS devices, hearing or recording devices, radio transmitters, and advanced camera systems require clearance from the Telecom Regulatory Agency.
Dubai Customs Code Renewal
Custom client codes must be renewed each year. The same application submission procedure must be followed via the Dubai trade portal for this update process. A copy of the trade license will be submitted along with the application.
Renewal cost of a Dubai trade license in 2023.
Renewing a trade license in Dubai is an important part of business in the emirate. For businesses already established in Dubai, the cost of renewing a trade license in 2023 will depend on the business size, the type of license held, and other factors. DED license renewal fees range from AED 8,000 to AED 15,000 plus service charges and local agent fees for standard licenses.
Documents Required for Dubai Trade License Renewal
- Copies of Passports of all Business Shareholders
- Tenancy Contract
- Old Trade License
- BR/1 Form
Process of Trade License Renewal in Dubai
- Verify and collect your documents.
- Submit your application.
- Obtain Your Payment Token
- Submitted your DED License Renewal Fees
How AIG Corporate Services Provider assist you?
Business models are crucial to your business’s success. AIG Corporate Services Provider offers the following services for business owners:
- Renewing custom codes annually
- Generating new import and export codes
- Import and export license renewal.
- Company registration at a chamber of commerce
- Create fresh, personalized client code (completing the whole procedure of application and document submission)
- Registration of businesses and items with the Dubai Chamber of Commerce (Dubai Municipality)
- Registering company with Dubai Municipality
- Dubai Municipality registration of items
For assistance with company registration, please contact our experts. Our team provides cost-effective services, complete guidance, and helps to complete all formalities.